[Resolved] Activating GPPrem kills customiser

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Activating GPPrem kills customiser

Home Forums Support Activating GPPrem kills customiser

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gillian

Hi

I’ve just used All in One WP Migration to move a site from development to live. The customiser was working fine on the development site. On the live site the customiser takes ages to load and when it does, it’s just a blank page. Turned off all the plug-ins and reactivated them one by one and found out which one is causing the blank page – GP Prem.

Any suggestions as to what is causing the problem?
    Thanks

(Admins – to check the development site, stick devel. in front of the live site address)

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Checkout #3 here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

Let me know if this helps.

Gillian

Hi Leo

Do you mean the limits in the PHP settings? These are currently set to:

Memory_limit 128m
    max_execution_time 60
    max_input_time 60
    post_max_size 16m (the devel site is 8m)
    upload_max_filesize 128m

And I can’t make them any bigger.

The only other difference I can think of between the development site and the live site is that on the live site the Wordfence Web Application Firewall has been optimized but it hasn’t on the development site.

I’ve looked at the error log files on the server, there are are series of 404 errors which are all small c20k and then a 500 error
    GET /wp-admin/customize.php?return=%2Fwp-admin%2Fplugins.php%3Fplugin_status%3Dall%26paged%3D1%26s HTTP/1.1
    which is 616k.

I don’t understand the instructions about WP-debug. Do I have to open up the config file in Notepad to adjust it? When I’ve done that, what do I do next?

(I’m also puzzled by the 404 errors which are mainly GET errors but are for things which shouldn’t be there – I had an old WPsite which I deleted and did a fresh install of WP before migrating the development site – eg
    GET /wp-content/themes/canvas/custom.css HTTP/1.1
    GET /wp-content/themes/pootlepress-bbpress/style.css?ver=1 HTTP/1.1

So another mystery as to why it’s trying to call Canvas and Pootlepress when I’m not using them (but did on the old site)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You might need to contact your hosting to make sure you can edit your PHP memory limit. Sometimes they prevent those changes at a server level.

If Canvas isn’t activated, you may have some sort of caching plugin or server caching which is calling on the old theme.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Gillian

I wiped the site from the live domain, did a fresh install of WP and then migrated from the development site again and the problem disappeared.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad it’s working now ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.