[Resolved] Actions Not Working for GP with Webcomic Plug-in

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Actions Not Working for GP with Webcomic Plug-in

Home Forums Support Actions Not Working for GP with Webcomic Plug-in

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kiley

I’m trying to integrate the Webcomic plug-in with my GeneratePress site and for some reason I can’t get the plug-ins shortcodes and actions to work within GP.

For example, I’m trying to do a manual integration of the Webcomic plug-in using GP’s Hooks in Elements and Webcomic’s Integration actions. (More info about the Integration can be found here.)

I want to be able to do the integration manually and using Elements seemed like a great way to do that. So I tried using the Elements hook as follows:

Added a New Hook
    The code I used was do_action('webcomic_integrate_landing_page');
    I set it to go in the before_main_content hook
    I checked the Shortcodes and PHP options both on
    I set location to Front Page
    I set the WC plug-in integration to either Webcomic (as per this page where it says to use Webcomic for “themes modified to use Webcomic’s integration actions”)

But all that happens is the home page displays the text do_action('webcomic_integrate_landing_page')

I really want to integrate this plug-in with GP in a way where I can control where the content goes, but is GP stopping the plug-in actions from being performed?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

What if you put it inside PHP tags?:

<?php do_action('webcomic_integrate_landing_page'); ?>

Kiley

Yes! Thanks! That worked.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.