[Support request] A general GDPR / DSGVO question

Home Forums Support [Support request] A general GDPR / DSGVO question

Home Forums Support A general GDPR / DSGVO question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Max

Hey there,

I have been using GP Premium for a while now and have been very happy with the theme and support.
    Since I am from Germany, recently, I started to confront the whole DSGVO/GDPR issue and there are many pages out there who offer some kinds of explanation or documentation on the subject.
    However, many of them require comprehensive technical knowledge or are simply not very beginner friendly.
    The legal information and specific requirements aside I have a general technical question:

Do you guys know a way to test which cookies are being used by the installed plugins/which “personal data” (as defined by the GDPR) is being redirected/channeled by them and Generate Press? There are some cookie consent plugins out there (I also found a suggestion here in the forum) but one issue seems to be that they lack compatibility with many plugins.
    So how do I know that they actually block the cookies from being used/the data flow once the visitor/user clicks on “deny”? Would I have to contact every plugin creator or, to your experience do they function just fine and keep the coookies from being saved?

I know the question is rather technical/broad but I would be happy about some advice or a link to a page where I can find some.

Best wishes

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You would likely need to contact each plugin author to know for sure, unfortunately. I’m not sure if those plugins actually prevent the collection of cookies or not. Ideally, browsers need to implement the whole cookie notice thing as a standard.

When you’re on a page, you can typically right-click + Inspect the page and go to the “Network” tab. It should show which cookies are being set/read.

GP Premium itself doesn’t collect any data whatsoever.

Max

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the speedy reply and the information. I will take a look at the other wordpress plugins (including cookie notice). If you do not mind I will keep this post open and share my findings until I have found something decisive.
    Perhaps someone else will have something useful to add as well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.