[Resolved] A few questions

Home Forums Support [Resolved] A few questions

Home Forums Support A few questions

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Hans

Hi, As I’m customizing the last bits of my website, first of all my compliments for this great theme. For the first time in years I am happy with my website. It looks exactly how I wanted it and with the use of free themes this hasn;t been possible until now. But, there are still a few things I would like to cusomize and I can;t seem to find how to do that.

1. When you look at the labels for the browser when visiting my site. When visiting the results of tags is adds ‘archieven’ to it. So it show for example ‘archieven ambient | Luistertips ‘where I would like to show ‘Ambient | Luistertips’ only. Can that be fixed?

2. It seems that when you visit the different pages, that ‘start’ and ‘contact’ are a bit wider then the other pages. Is there something I can do to fix that?

3. I use the contained version of the different area’s. It gives a very nice style to the whole. Only, I would like to fill up the last container in the right sidebar with a white bacjground to the bottom of the page. So it would look more as a whole.

Thanks in advance.
    Hans

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. You would need an SEO plugin like Yoast SEO or the SEO Framework. They will allow you to adjust the structure of your titles.

2. Not too sure what you mean here. What’s wider?

3. Give this CSS a try:

.site-content {
        display: flex;
    }

.inside-right-sidebar {
        background: #fff;
        height: calc(100% - 30px);
    }

Let me know 🙂

Hans

Hi Tom, Thanks for your reply.

1. I’ll check that.
    2. I mean the width of the body on different pages. On two pages it seemds the width is larger.
    3. This css doesn’t work in code snippet?

Regards,
    Hans

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

2. I can’t see a difference in the page width between those pages. You sure its not just optical due to the different body background?

3. CSS needs to be added in either the Customizer > Additional CSS or in your child theme style sheet.

Hans

Hi David,

It’s not that much of an issue. Before this my background was white everywhere and there I could notice it.

The css works! Thanks for that. But now I miss the break between the two area’s on the right sidebar. Any suggestions how to solve that? If not. I’ll leave it like this.

Kind regards
    Hans

Hans

And again. Thanks a lot for you support (you also Tom). And for the quick responses. Very happy with the result of converting my website from a standard twenty seventeen theme to this great theme.

Hans

Is it also possible to add a css to the website for automatically filling the content part? the same as filling the sidebar on the right? So that in all time left and right are the same height?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So would you want the second widget to extend to the very end of the page? Or another empty block to fill that space?

Hans

I now have three widgets at the right sidebar. The third one should be filled up till the end.

The css code you supplied before for the right sidebar, is there also a solution to do the same for the content?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So swap the CSS that Tom gave you for:

@media (min-width: 768px) {
        .site-content {
        }
        .inside-right-sidebar {
            flex-direction: column;
            height: calc(100% - 30px);
        }

.inside-right-sidebar .widget:last-child {
            flex: 1;
        }
    }
    Hans

Wow. Brilliant. That works fine. Looks beautiful.

Last question:

Is there also a solution to do the same for the content? For instance when I search for an item that gives no results to fill up the content area till the footer?

Thanks a lot

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

That’s really tricky to do, and could create problems with the changes we made to the sidebar….

Hans

Ok. Then…let’s not do that. Thanks a lot for your support.

Hans

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we could be of help.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.