[Support request] 504 error or 400 error – installing library template (Decor) with demo content.

Home Forums Support [Support request] 504 error or 400 error – installing library template (Decor) with demo content.

Home Forums Support 504 error or 400 error – installing library template (Decor) with demo content.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Kevin

Hi,

I purchased the GeneratePress Premium Plugin yesterday and I’m struggling to install the ‘Decor’ template from the Library ( including demo content ) – N.b. same issue for all templates tried (with the exception of ‘Classic’).

Also – this is a new/clean WordPress install

I’m getting 504 error or 400 error

The following is what my hosting company says:

######################################################

We have tested the case from our side and tried increasing the limits on the server end for you suggested here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/error-codes-importing/

Unfortunately, none of these helped.

We suggest that you contact the plugin or theme provider to check the issue from their side or just ask them for the demo content file to restore manually on the site.

######################################################

As above, if you can provide the demo content file (including the sample page) we can try and take it from there.

If not, please advise how else to progress.

Regards

Kevin

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

first thing to ensure is that you do not have any Cache Plugins or server level caches or other optimizers such as Redis enabled.

If thats not the cause – which hosting provider are you using?
    They must make sure the gpsites.co server can be reached.

Kevin

Hi David,

I’m using Namecheap.

N.b. this is a new WordPress Install.

Nemcheap support did the following yesterday:

During the investigation we may need to perform the following actions:
    1) Disable plugins;
    2) Switching the theme to a default one;
    3) Replacing the default for all WordPress installation files. This does not impact the content or performance of a website in any way since the process only resets your basic WordPress files.

So I’m assuming that process should have removed any potential hindrances ?

They managed to ‘load’ the ‘Classic’ template but that pretty much seems to be a ‘bare bones’ sample page.

Regards

Kevin

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmmm… its aa known issue with hosts that use Server caching that cannot be readily disabled. See Toms reply here:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/400-error-when-importing-site-from-site-library-fresh-wp-install-namecheap/#post-1619180

Further down the replies you will see Tom mentions we’re rolling out a new update – now GPP 2.0 which will resolve this issue. We’re expecting an Alpha release of 2.0 next week.

Kevin

David,

Just fired your response back to Namecheap support to get a response.

Will come back to you when they reply

Kevin

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok – let us know

Kevin

Ok, got the following response.

Unfortunately, the Cache plugin on EasyWP is built-in and can not be disabled due to technical reasons.

rLooks like I’m going to have to wait for the new update to be rolled out – is it definitely next week ?

Kevin

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Unfortunately, the Cache plugin on EasyWP is built-in and can not be disabled due to technical reasons.

I’ve never heard that before – you should be allowed to disable the caching plugin if you wish. It certainly should not be due to technical issue. I’d recommend following up with their support.

We are aiming to release Alpha next week unless we find some major issues before that.

Kevin

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve just checked the content in WordPress and I think that everything MAY have loaded successfully – obviously the error is a bit disconcerting

The ‘Home’ page is showing up as per the ‘Decor’ template, colours, images. shop, category, product and best selling pages also appear to be okay.

I think I may be okay to work with what I’ve got.

Just one question – I appreciate that this is just a ‘mock up’ but the sample image sizes are very big (dimensions and file size) – presumably for a working site this would need to be addressed I.e. optimised images.

Is there any guidance available ( specific to the ‘Decor’ home page layout ) about min/max image dimensions that should be used – I think this is going to be the first challenge, to achieve a fast loading home page with the same look ?

Finally, thanks to the guys for the rapid response to my questions – despite the technical issues I think I’ve made the right choice going with GeneratePress.

Thanks again.

Kevin

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.