[Resolved] 404page layout issues in GP Pro

Home Forums Support [Resolved] 404page layout issues in GP Pro

Home Forums Support 404page layout issues in GP Pro

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Elisabeth

Hi there
    I’ve got GP Pro and I’ve installed the 404page plugin that I’ve seen recommended on this forum. It all works – I create a page, remove various layout elements (sidebar, primary and secondary nav, footer and widgets in footer, etc – I do this under the the content section of that page, not by excluding it from the ‘standard layout’ element I’ve set up in elements btw). When I view the page it looks exactly as I want it to.
    Then I specify in the 404page plugin settings that I want this to be my 404 page. When I then go and look at a 404page by typing in the wrong ending to a url for my site I end up with a totally differently formatted 404 page. The featured image remains, the text remains, the other things do what I want except the sidebar is still there even though I’ve said ‘content/no sidebar’ in the section below the content of the 404page when it edit mode. What can I do?
    My site is currently behind a construction page plugin while I work on it so I can’t easily show it to you. I could try and create it on a test site and send you a link if that helps.

thanks for you help in advance.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Hmm I’m not sure if the metabox settings are supposed to apply for 404 pages.

What happens if you use the Element module to modify the settings?

If that still doesn’t work then we will need to see the live site unfortunately.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Elisabeth

Actually – it turned out to be a different solution which I just discovered.

I went into the set up for the 404page plugin (obviously, you find this in the plugin section or via appearances -> 404 page). There is a list of on/off buttons you can activate or deactivate and one of these is for running the plugin in ‘compatibility mode’.

I switched that on and all is well. Peter of petersplugins.com who makes the 404page plug in seems like a nice chap and has made a video about this advanced feature: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rL9LbYiSJk The bit about compatibility mode comes up at about 5m and 10seconds.

Hope this helps someone else!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome.

Thanks for reporting back. I’m sure someone else will find it useful ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.