Black Friday Sale! Get $20 off GP Premium, $40 off our new Lifetime license, and 45% off license renewals/extensions! Learn more

[Support request] 404 page double top menus

Home Forums Support 404 page double top menus

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jason

Hi Tom

I’m not sure if I’ve messed up a setting in the customizer, but I seem to get both the desktop and mobile headers on the 404 page. Is there a setting I need to change or should I just use a bit of CSS? Here’s an example of the 404 page: https://staging7.chillidesigns.ca/home-2/website-ss-plans/

cheers

Jason

GP Premium 1.4.3
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jason,

You have this CSS which is hiding the header:

#masthead {
        display: none;
    }

For the double menu problem, can you try #1 here?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

Jason

Thanks Leo, I do have that for the header itself as I didn’t want the top header area on the Blog page, I should have been clearer about that, it was more the double menu issue that’s a problem.

I deactivated all of the plugings, including Elementor and Elementor Pro but excluding GP Premium and still had the double menus. When I swapped to TwentySeventeen I only had one menu on the 404 screen and only had the one.

I activated GP again and after this I went to the GP settings screen and deactivated all the GP Premium modules. I still only had one menu on the 404. Then I activated the Menu Plus module and the 2 menus were displayed again.

On the customizing sidebar I have the following settings:

Menu location:
    slide out: not assigned
    Primary: MainMenu

Header Layout:
    Full, Contained, Left, Enable, Mobile Header Logo – says no image assigned (but there is), Sticky: Enable, don’t hide when scrolling

Primary Navigation:
    Menu, Full, Full, Above Header, Right, Hover, Enable, Nav logo – says no image assigned (but there is), Sticky+Static

Sticky Navigation:
    Both

Slide-out Navigation:
    Disabled

Thanks for your help.

cheers

Jason

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m currently seeing a tons of console error: https://s26.postimg.org/x1dtz6ax5/2017-09-12_0838.png

I don’t think this is causing by GPP itself otherwise we would’ve had lots of reports already.

Can you leave only GP and GPP activated and let us see the page? Thanks!

Jason

Hi Leo,

I have an answer, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

As you say, I did think it was odd that, if it was a GP thing that it hadn’t been reported before. I checked the font files were in the right place, then on the console I saw there was an issue with the blocked CORS policy. It suddenly occurred to me that for some reason Siteground’s staging sometimes throws up anomalies. I pushed this dev copy temporarily to live to check it there and the same 404 page that had been giving me problems worked perfectly. So the problem definitely isn’t GP or GPP but something on the Siteground staging platform.

I’ll contact them about this and see what can be done.

Thanks very much for your help.

cheers

Jason

Jason

Sorry for the double post.

Strange, since pushing to live I’m also not getting the issue in the staging copy.

Again, I’ll talk to Siteground.

cheers

Jason

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome. Let us know if you need another look 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.