[Support request] 403 triggered by WAF, might be false positive but wanted to let ya know, Tom!

Home Forums Support [Support request] 403 triggered by WAF, might be false positive but wanted to let ya know, Tom!

Home Forums Support 403 triggered by WAF, might be false positive but wanted to let ya know, Tom!

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    eraserheader

Allo! God I so deeply love this theme. I use it on all my projects.

Anyhoo, wanted to let you know that yesterday whenever I tried to save something from the “disable elements” page options, I would get a 403. Saw the log error (but couldn’t make sense of it) so sent a ping to hosting. They said “the WAF detecting a cross-site scripting vulnerability” Resolved by making an exception. But thought it might be helpful for your notes to know “Apache’s ModSecurity COMODO rule id 213050 that was triggered by the plugin.” Might just be a false positive, but sure that’s something you’d like to know?

Keep up the amazing work!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Thanks for letting us know! This was happening when you were trying to save a “Layout Element”?

eraserheader

Correct. I was just trying to save a disabled page title in some pages under Layout > Disable Elements (https://docs.generatepress.com/article/disable-elements-overview/).

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Strange, not sure why that would trigger anything. I’ll do some digging ๐Ÿ™‚

eraserheader

Thanks Tom. I also have screenshots of the error log if that’s helpful or anything else you need. Happy Wednesday, fellow Canadian!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That would be great, thanks! Can you send them to support@generatepress.com?

Happy Wednesday! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.