[Support request] 400 error fonts.googleapis.css

Home Forums Support [Support request] 400 error fonts.googleapis.css

Home Forums Support 400 error fonts.googleapis.css

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Michael

2 errors in the console, I’ve followed the fixes I found, and cleared cache, but still this is happening?

I changed my typography font to Tahoma, see if that would solve it ,same thing.

Previously set it to system stack from a recommendation in these forums.

What else can I do?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It looks like you have a plugin loading Google Fonts. Does eonet ring any bells?

It’s not working because there’s no font attached to the request. Sometimes this can be caused by functions or plugins that remove query strings.

Michael

Thanks Tom, I don’t think eonet is calling Google fonts, it’s a plugin to validate new users only. Removing query strings also not checked on my cache plug. Sorry I thought it was theme related, but you’ve given me some good pointers to check out.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s strange, if it’s not coming from them, it’s coming from someone with the same name?: https://www.screencast.com/t/RsnEJwOxLVK

Michael

That was weird, I’ve removed eoNet now, and I’ve still got font errors, but these are for Generatepress by the looks of things ?

<link rel=’stylesheet’ id=’-apple-system-css’
    and the same for Arial?

Both giving 400 errors.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It’s trying to load system fonts as Google fonts. GeneratePress has things in place to prevent this.

Can you disable your other plugins to see if there’s a conflict?

Michael

Long process, as I’m trying to solve this “£&*”£*” missing admin bar for users problem as well. I managed to remove two of the errors from a custom stylesheet which had invalid font-family references.

But this line is coming from somewhere..

<link rel="stylesheet" id="-arial-css" href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=+Arial%3A300%2C300italic%2C400%2C400italic%2C500%2C500italic%2C600%2C600italic%2C700%2C700italic&ver=4.9.7" type="text/css" media="all">

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Have you tried deactivating your plugins one by one to see if it’s a plugin bug?

Michael

I did that yesterday but no luck, mind you, I did it before I found the custom css, so I don’t know if it’s related.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So you’ve tried:

1. Deactivating all of your plugins
    2. Deactivating any custom functions

And the code still exists? It must be coming from somewhere, we just need to figure out where.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.