[Resolved] 400 Bad Request on beta GPP Site Library

Home Forums Support [Resolved] 400 Bad Request on beta GPP Site Library

Home Forums Support 400 Bad Request on beta GPP Site Library

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Michael

This is an FYI rather than a request as a work-around fixed issue.

Was setting up a new install just to do some testing and thought I would use a site library template.

400 Bad Request on a completely clean Cloudways install, only GPP Beta 1.8 installed.

Deleted beta, installed current version and library worked fine.

Possibly a bug in new beta version with Library.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The internals of the site library didn’t change much in the new version.

If you update to 1.8 now, does the 400 error happen again?

Thanks!

Michael

Yes, happens again.

I imported from the library on the current stable version, worked ok. Then I updated to beta.

After updating to the new beta if I now go back into the library and pick a site again and click on details I get the 400 error again.

Michael

Just thought I would clarify again, my issue is resolved with the workaround mentioned earlier. I don’t actually need to import another site from the library now.

Happy to run another test if you need it though.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can send me temporary admin login details so I can take a look? I won’t actually import anything: https://generatepress.com/contact

Let me know πŸ™‚

Michael

Just sent access details via your contact form.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks!

It looks like none of the CSS or JS changes are being read on the site.

Do you have any caching (server, plugin, Cloudflare etc..) that might apply to the Dashboard?

Michael

The DNS runs through Cloudflare and CF was enabled, I will turn off the CF caching now. That shouldn’t affect it though as I’ve used the same setup for a long time and never had an issue when using a site library site before.

The only thing different with this install was I used the Cloudways Woo-Commerce WP install which unfortunately came bundled with the Breeze caching plugin. I immediately disabled it as 1. I didn’t need any caching for my GTM testing, and 2. it’s a bit of a dog of a product anyway.

If the JS changes aren’t being read then that probably explains why my GTM testing isn’t working as it should be as well.

I may just revert to a completely bare install if turning off Cloudflare doesn’t fix things.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

All looks good now after I cleared my browser cache πŸ™‚

Michael

Thanks, confirmed working now.

After my last reply, I found that varnish caching was actually enabled in the hosting server settings, I turned that off, turned back on CF and everything works fine.

Must be some issue with Cloudways varnish settings.

Thanks!!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! Glad it’s all working now πŸ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.