[Resolved] 3.6 seconds to load just 391KB and 22 requests.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] 3.6 seconds to load just 391KB and 22 requests.

Home Forums Support 3.6 seconds to load just 391KB and 22 requests.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Mouse

I have optimized the website to the maximum. But after getting good scores on all tools it still takes 3.6 seconds to load just 391kbs of website and 22 requests. What is going on? I was getting the same on the previous theme I had. The only reason I shifted to generatepress is cz you guys say its the best when it comes to speed. So please help me see what is going on here https://gtmetrix.com/reports/lifefalcon.com/LYprpzfD

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

look at the Waterfall report – the purple bars show the ‘waiting’ time. These make up over half of the time your site is taking to load.

This is predominantly server related – you should speak to your host about reducing waiting times.

Mouse

I am using Siteground… Do you suggest changing the hosting?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Siteground are generally good value for money but its shared hosting so it won’y ever be as good as a dedicated server.

Mouse

What do you suggest I do then? I need a solution to this. I cant let TTFB ruin all my efforts like that.

Matt

Try a different host. Closte are getting good reviews as being very fast. Google fastest WP hosts. Plenty of good ones out there.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I would first speak to SiteGround and see what they can do to improve it. If they cannot improve then i suggest looking at other options.

GP uses Kinsta – they are super fast but that comes at a cost.
    Thanks Matt for suggesting others.

It really does take each user researching their particular needs.

Suraj Katwal

Hi Muhammad, you can reduce request by Hosting Google Analytics Locally ==> Use CAOS plugin,
    Use LuckyWP Table of Contents instead of Easy Table of Contents.

I hope you are good at it.

Mouse

So I spoke to Siteground and they said this :The slow loading is connected to the website plugins mostly as I checked:
    https://ibb.co/W2KCBZC
    What I can suggest is to install our SG Optimizer plugin, then to check the speed again. Also if you are not using any of the plugins on the website, you can deactivate or remove them.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, do not hesitate to post a new ticket.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Well its sound advice – the less plugins and less queries combined with less requests will make your site load faster…. but it i can’t see that 0.5 secs of plugin load time is the major issue…..

Might be time for a dedicated server.

Mouse

I am sorry… I didnt understand the last bit.. And besides I even tried to remove all the plugins as an experiment to see if anything happens in ttfb but it was samee… some times over 0.6 seconds.. sometimes even ONE!!! WHOLE second.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The issue with the screenshot they shared with you is that poor server performance can cause those numbers to be worse. It doesn’t necessarily mean the plugins/code is slowing the site down, it could very well mean the server isn’t powerful enough to execute that code more efficiently. Since you removed the plugins and it didn’t make a difference, I assume it’s the server.

Since it’s shared hosting, it’s possible that another site on the server is using up the majority of the resources, leaving your site with insufficient resources to be performant.

If you want to stick with Siteground, I would ask them to check the server resources and see if there’s anything they can do. It may be possible to move you to another server.

If that’s not possible, it may be time to look at a different host.

Mouse

Yea you are right … and these guys are just now making excuses.. I made a simple HTML page and even tested my domain on “another siteground hosting growbig plan” which i have… and has no other shared domain… ttfb was still 0.3 on that.

I replied them the same to their reply which said:

The server response time that is being quoted by the tool that you are using is the time that is needed for the visitor to receive the first byte information after accessing your website. In that time the server must receive the request from the browser, process it, run the script associated with it completely and start sending the information back to the browser. All these things happen very quickly except the execution of the script that is related to the request as this takes the longest amount of time.
    If the script is not well optimized or just requires more server resources to be fully executed then the server takes additional time to do that. So in order to optimize that you should optimize the scripts for your application.

I see that you are using WordPress as an application for the website so in order to reduce the time to first byte you should optimize the scripts for it. You can start by checking and applying the suggestions given here:

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s a shame, usually they’d be happy to move you to a different server to see if it makes a difference.

Mouse

Okay Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.