[Resolved] What do you think is the best page builder for GP?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] What do you think is the best page builder for GP?

Home Forums Support What do you think is the best page builder for GP?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Webmaster

Just wondering what you think, I’m curious, what Page Builder do you think works best with GeneratePress? Some plugins that I can think of at the moment are:

Page Builder by Site Origin
    Beaver Builder
    Elemntor
    Divi
    Themify Builder
    Sandwich

Have you work with one that isn’t list? Is it fast, non-sluggish and powerful?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

We don’t use page builders πŸ™‚

But we usually suggest BB or Elementor if you would like to use one.

Webmaster

I think that’s the best route too, less plugins almost always create better results. Thanks for the feedback @Leo – appreciate it.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Kay Telle

Why is WP Bakery Builder not mentioned as an option? Doesn’t it have close to 2 million users? πŸ™‚ I haven’t even heard of Beaver Builder before I discovered GP in a Youtube video yesterday.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

BB is actually our recommendation πŸ™‚

Max

Hello Webmaster

You can view 50+ examples of GeneratePress websites built with the Elementor page builder here:

GeneratePressExamples.com Showcase Gallery

Kind Regards

Max

Kay Telle

I thought you recommended Beaver Builder, Leo? I haven’t seen anyone even mention Wp Bakery Builder here, which is so strange to me, because of its huge user base. πŸ™‚ I’m wondering if there is a bias against it?

Elementor looks very nice too, I will take it for a spin.

Webmaster

Thanks for the link Max – heck yea!

There is no bias against it, the plugin is just trash compared to others. You say huge user base Kay, but nobody uses it… so maybe fake stats?

Kay Telle

Haha πŸ™‚ Well, I’m happy to find there are alternatives out there. I don’t know which numbers are correct, to be honest. It is very common in other themes, but apparently not around here. Looking forward to trying out your recommendations!

Margaret

Is Gutenberg considered a page builder?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’d say so especially with the help of GenerateBlocks.

Margaret

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the reply. I’m looking at different page builder options with the ultimate goal of improving page speed.

It would be cool if GeneratePress could put together an example website with different page builders, and compare the page speed of each one to see which is fastest! I’m currently using WPBakery, and I’m in the process of migrating to Gutenberg + GenerateBlocks + Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg. I’m hoping that will be faster than WPBakery.

Thanks,
    Margaret

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m 99% confident that the sites with Gutenberg + GenerateBlocks will perform with sites using any drag/drop page builder plugins.

Ala

Hello there!

I didn’t want to start a new ticket since this topic is already being discussed.

I’m very new to wordpress and I’m developing my CSS and wordpress skills in tandem, hence I want to build the right future-proof skills to make really good wordpress websites. I have acquired generatepress pro, and would like to understand best ways in leveraging it.

From what I read above, it seems Gutenberg is better than page builders in terms of final site render speed. What about development speed, are they slightly similar? Additionally, can gutenberg accomplish whatever can be done in other page builders?

Finally, if a person decides to go for a no-pagebuilder route, what would be the best tools and practices for rapid development on generatepress?

Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.