[Resolved] re: Current August 17th Accessibility Features

Home Forums Support [Resolved] re: Current August 17th Accessibility Features

Home Forums Support re: Current August 17th Accessibility Features

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jean-Paul

Tom

I’ve searched around and couldn’t find any info as to the current state of the built-in
    accessibility features…particularly for the blind and visually impaired…

I am using:
    GeneratePress 2.1.3
    GP Premium 1.7.1

My site fully functioning well yet in staging…will be addressing the ‘skip to’ links soon.

Any info/update you can provide is appreciated!
    Thanks,
    JP

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The theme itself should be fully accessible to the blind/visually impaired.

We have screen reader elements where necessary, and everything can be navigated using the tab key on your keyboard.

There’s a couple small issues we’re working on when it comes to the main menu and screen readers which we’ll have fixed in GP 2.2.

Are you running into any specific issues?

Jean-Paul

Tom,

Thank you… I am not having any specific issue at this time…just starting to address accessibility,
    wanted to find out what was built in… glad to hear it is fully accessible out of the box!

Look forward to GP 2.2

Thanks again,

JP

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! Let me know if you run into any issues ๐Ÿ™‚

Jean-Paul

Much appreciated Tom…FYI, without doing anything…I got an 82 accessibility score with Chrome Dev audit, so that was all built in stuff, yea!…it was green so I moved on but will work on it more… oddly, got a 3 in performance??? …yet landing page loads full and active on my cell in about 3-4 seconds (images/CSS/Javascript GiveWP)…so I’m working on site improvement… Read an article that the Chrome dev tools isn’t accurate due to using an emulator…

If you have any site performance tips, please share…will search GP for articles..

Cheers,
    JP

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This article should help: https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/

When it comes to Lighthouse, I definitely suggest lazy loading your images, and making sure your server (hosting) is fast.

Jean-Paul

Tom,

There is ZERO doubt, GP is the best, lightweight and secure theme out there. I did my homework and I am very happy with it!

…I was trying to express my doubt using the emulator, as a ‘be-all’…as my webpage loads just as fast as the rest I see on my cell… So, I was confused about that rating…but quite frankly didn’t believe it.

UPDATE: Since that initial test…I found some very embarrassingly basic things I didn’t catch in my ‘structure’ and corrected them (everything’s going green). Opps, I’m Def Not a pro. Thanks for your feedback.

Never thought it was the theme! ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers,
    JP

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Great to hear! Glad you’re enjoying the theme :

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.