[Resolved] How to get shared CSS category class between translated WPML pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to get shared CSS category class between translated WPML pages

Home Forums Support How to get shared CSS category class between translated WPML pages

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    onalti

Hello, it adds the category names as post class. I use the wpml translation plugin, and I want to define the translated article category names as the main language names. Is there a filter I can use for this?
    I hope I can explain my problem, thank you.

<article id=”post-<?php the_ID(); ?>” <?php post_class(); ?> <?php generate_do_microdata( ‘article’ ); ?>>

<article id=”post-31379″ class=”post-31379 result type-result status-publish has-post-thumbnail hentry portfolio_category-fotos masonry-post generate-columns tablet-grid-50 mobile-grid-100 grid-parent grid-33 resize-featured-image masonry-brick” itemtype=”https://schema.org/&#8221; itemscope=”” style=”position: absolute; left: 0%; top: 56px;”>

<article id=”post-31379″ class=”post-31379 result type-result status-publish has-post-thumbnail hentry portfolio_category-photo masonry-post generate-columns tablet-grid-50 mobile-grid-100 grid-parent grid-33 resize-featured-image masonry-brick” itemtype=”https://schema.org/&#8221; itemscope=”” style=”position: absolute; left: 0%; top: 56px;”>

I want to use the same definition in translated categories. Let them all be in the mother tongue.

onalti

I found this for the wmpl translation plugin. but I couldn’t apply.

I need to add the same CSS class to <body> element of all translatons of a page, but the CSS class added with body_class() is different for each translation because it is taken from the translated title of the page.

For example, for about us page I get this markup:

<body class=”about-us”> // English
    <body class=”sobre-nosotros”> // Spanish
    I want to get the same class for both languages:

<body class=”about-us”> // English
    <body class=”about-us”> // Spanish
    Is there a way to add the same CSS class for all translations of the same page?

function add_default_language_slug_class( $classes ) {
        global $post;
        if ( isset( $post ) ) {
            $default_language = wpml_get_default_language(); // will return languague code of your default language for example 'en'
            // get the post ID in default language
            $default_post_id = icl_object_id($post->ID, 'post', FALSE,$default_language);
            // get the post object
            $default_post_obj = get_post($default_post_id);
            // get the name
            $default_post_name = $default_post_obj->post_name;
            // add default language post name to body class
            $classes[] = $default_post_name;
        }
        return $classes;
    }
    add_filter( 'body_class', 'add_default_language_slug_class' );
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

This is likely something you need to ask WPML support. I’m not familiar enough with their functions to know how to do it.

It looks like you’re on the right track, you just need to right functions which they should be able to help with πŸ™‚

onalti

Hi thank you for the answer.
    yes I will get support from WPML but generatepress
    Is there a general filter for post_class();

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yes, there’s a post_class filter as well as a body_class filter – both are core WP filters πŸ™‚

onalti

thank you πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.