[Resolved] Off Canvas Mobile Menu Toggle Customization

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Off Canvas Mobile Menu Toggle Customization

Home Forums Support Off Canvas Mobile Menu Toggle Customization

• This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by David.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anthany

Hi GeneratePress team, I have searched through your forums to find a good way to have a filtering option for the mobile version of my website and the best way I have found to do so is by going to customizer>layout>off canvas panel and making off canvas panel “desktop only”. This brings up a toggle option above my hamburger “Menu” toggle on my primary navigation which I can now add widgets to for filtering purposes. My question to you is, how do I change the colour of this new “toggle” option and how do I set the toggle to only show up on shop pages? I have thoroughly searched the customizer and your forms for answers but I have yet to find a solution, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Anthany

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Anthany,

My question to you is, how do I change the colour of this new “toggle” option and how do I set the toggle to only show up on shop pages?

Conditional page styling are usually done with custom CSS.

I’m not sure I fully understand what this “toggle” element is. Can you link us to the site in question?

Also, if possible, it’ll help a lot if you could provide screenshots or screen recordings of parts of the site you want to fix. Thanks. 🙂

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Anthany

The website URL is http://www.scuffed.ca, and yes I can absolutely send a screen recording of the part I am talking about, is there an email I can send the video file to?

Thanks, Anthany

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

try this CSS:

/* set colors of toggle */
    .site-header a.slideout-toggle {
        color: #f00;
    }

.site-header a.slideout-toggle:hover {
        color: #00f;
    }
    /* Hide toggle unless in porduct category */
    body:not(.tax-product_cat) .site-header a.slideout-toggle {
        visibility: hidden;
    }
    Anthany

Amazing that did it! Thank you so much David.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Anthany

Apologies for reopening this forum but I have a question about the toggle mentioned here. It was created with this custom HTML put into the header:

Filters
    (something I forgot to mention the first time around but David knows his stuff so it didn’t matter)

It works great and is exactly what I wanted with your help but I was wondering if there was a way to hide it on the desktop version of my site but keep it on the mobile version. Currently I have the toggle labeled “Filters” that is floating in the top right of the desktop version of my site and I found I can hide it using the CSS:
    .slideout-toggle {
    display: none;
    }

Problem is this also hides it on my mobile site which I need. Any ideas on how I could just hide it on the desktop?

Thanks a bunch, Anthany

Anthany

Note to self, typing custom HTML into the forum does not work lmao. The HTML was supposed to be:
    <a class="slideout-toggle" href="#">Filters</a>

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can use our hide-on-* classes:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/responsive-display/#using-our-hide-on-classes

So your slideout-toggle HTML would look like this:

<a class="slideout-toggle hide-on-desktop" href="#">Filters</a>

Anthany

Thanks so much David, you saved the day once again.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.