[Resolved] 'Google Verification HTML Tag' has put 'page contents' type on homepage

Home Forums Support [Resolved] 'Google Verification HTML Tag' has put 'page contents' type on homepage

Home Forums Support 'Google Verification HTML Tag' has put 'page contents' type on homepage

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mark

Hi there,

A couple of days ago I put the Google Verification HTML Tag into the head of my site, through GP hooks. This morning I noticed that this has inadvertently added ‘page contents’ to the top left corner of my home page. Google said to leave the code there for future verifications, but I obviously don’t want too if it adds this type to my homepage.

Do you have any suggestions? Can I tweak the code a bit, or hook settings so that the type does not show on my HP?

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mark

Below is the code I copy and pasted into the head:

*** Deleted

Mark

Hi there, I might have just worked this out actually.

I entered the meta tag instead and this seems to have solved the problem.

Any idea what the other hook settings should be ie other optimal ‘Settings’ and ‘Display Rules’? I would also be interested to know what Settings/’Priority’ these verifications should be set to ie for Google, Yandex, Bing etc?

Thanks for all your help. Mark

Mark

Oh, not sure if my google code should be deleted above? Any chance this could be used by hackers etc? Thanks, Mark

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i have removed the code in your original topic. Yes as you discovered you only require the <meta> tag.

For these site wide tags then the Entire Site rule should be use.
    Priority just effects the position the content is hooked into the site. In this case it won’t make much of a difference. Its more for example if you wanted to hook something into the page content above or below elements that are also using the hook – like between the Site Header and the Navigation.

Mark

Thanks guys, Mark

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.