Reply To: Caption for post thumbnails

Home Forums Support Caption for post thumbnails Reply To: Caption for post thumbnails

Home Forums Support Caption for post thumbnails Reply To: Caption for post thumbnails

Emily Condit

Hi, Tom.

So I have added the plugin you suggested and downloaded the child theme and am using it. I put your code in the functions.php file. You can see the result here: cafeemily.com

The post thumbnails are being duplicated as well as the thumbnail captions on the duplicate image.

What I want is to be able to display the image caption for the thumbnails AND have them display on the large post image in the post itself. Right now, the caption is only showing up for the thumbnails which the plugin was doing before I added your code.

I can obviously remove the code you gave me and get rid of the duplicate problem but I would really like to display the captions on the actual image inside the post itself.

I really appreciate your help. You don’t have to do this but it makes my life a lot easier. I have coding experience but I’m not nearly as knowledgeable about the WordPress framework as you are.

Thanks!
🙂 Emily