Reply To: Responsive screen width

Home Forums Support Responsive screen width Reply To: Responsive screen width

Home Forums Support Responsive screen width Reply To: Responsive screen width

Tom
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

I was hoping to create an easy way to change the mobile breakpoint in a previous version – unfortunatley plugins like W3 Total Cache and other caching plugins don’t allow for what I was trying to do, as they minify the files and ignore the media queries set inside the link to the stylesheet.

For now, the only way to change the mobile breakpoint is in the mobile.css file.

Doing so will require you to re-change it every time you update the theme.

I’m hoping to find a better way to do this, and may even talk to the developers of these minifying plugins to see if there’s a way that their plugins will ignore links with media queries built into them.

1.2.9.3 doesn’t include any changes to the mobile stylesheets, but if you made any changes to them, you’ll have to make the changes again once you update the theme.

You can always create your own CSS definitions in your child theme using your desired mobile breakpoints.

For example:

@media (max-width:740px) {
      /* CSS in here will come into effect when the browser hits 740px and below */
}

You can overwrite styles in the mobile.css file using the method above.

Hopefully we can get this sorted out ASAP, and I can include an option in the Customizer for users to choose their own breakpoint.

Hope this helps – let me know if either of you need more info 🙂