Black Friday Sale! Get up to $30 off GP Premium! Learn more ➝

Reply To: Responsive screen width

Home Forums Support Responsive screen width Reply To: Responsive screen width

Home Forums Support Responsive screen width Reply To: Responsive screen width

2fer

Hi Tom,
I’m looking into making this change myself – but there is more than one file to edit (mobile.css and unsemantic-grid.css) and one uses a max-width, the other a min-width. It keeps the sidebar but loses the desktop type navigation bar though it should fit fine. My problem is that without editing the core .css files I can’t test. I can try one file without uploading it, but not two at once. I was just in there minifying the child-theme style.css (I needed to alter the captions appearance) and I noticed that there is a new update to the GeneratePress theme. So I thought it best to ask if it’s better to update first or do those files have other changes? Are there additional options for breakpoints in the newer version (v.1.2.9.3)? My site can display fine on a tablet in portrait mode, but it gets forced to a mobile view and my visitors apparently don’t like it. It also moves wrapped text and the image it wraps to separate lines leaving a big white blank spot at the top. I’m trying to maintain the desktop view down to 720 – 740 where it gets crowded.

I looked around here for details on the update, but I think you might be too busy at the moment to get that info down to this level. Understandable.. 🙂 – and Thank you!