Reply To: How do I install and activate my addon?

Home Forums Support How do I install and activate my addon? Reply To: How do I install and activate my addon?

Home Forums Support How do I install and activate my addon? Reply To: How do I install and activate my addon?

2fer

Hi Tom, you’ve helped me in the past, wrapping my head around using a child theme and the one I installed last week is just fine. I installed the GeneratePress theme on a different WP site, same server and when I try to install the AddOns, I get as far as uploading, but when I try to install I get a question asking whether the directory is writable because it says it can’t create a new folder. This could be because I have set the media uploads to a different folder than the default, because the folders are writable.

I checked all through my WP looking for some file permissions that could cause a problem and found nothing that should prevent a folder from being created. I could create the folder manually if that would help. Just need to know where it plans to write it at since that was not clear in the message. I still need to go and check my error logs to see if something there gives me a clue. I was wondering if I can just copy the plugins from the other domain into the plugins folder on this one. The Generate Press theme was activated at the time, but I had to re-activate my old theme, can’t leave it like that. This is on a high traffic site so I had hoped to get it done Sat late and Sun. early to scare fewer people, but it may be next week now. It’s after 3 AM and I need to give up.
Thank you!