Reply To: How do I isolate the rule for the sub-menu and the sub-menu of a sub-menu?

Home Forums Support How do I isolate the rule for the sub-menu and the sub-menu of a sub-menu? Reply To: How do I isolate the rule for the sub-menu and the sub-menu of a sub-menu?

Home Forums Support How do I isolate the rule for the sub-menu and the sub-menu of a sub-menu? Reply To: How do I isolate the rule for the sub-menu and the sub-menu of a sub-menu?

Emily Condit

Hi, Tom.

Thank you for the link. I was wondering what those less than/greater than signs were I’ve been seeing in CSS lately. Things change so fast. It’s been a while since I’ve done a lot of CSS work. I am still unable to overwrite the list-type rule however.

I would like to put bullet points in the sub-menus of the main navigation and I can’t find the rule to overwrite it. The only one I found was the one affecting the sf-menu class (see original post) but even when I tried to overwrite it, it had no effect. I can’t get the bullet points to show up next to the list items in the sub menus. Any ideas?

So what I am asking about in the media query is this: I’ve used media queries in my CSS in the past to check to see what the screen size is and only use a rule if the screen size is below a certain size.

If the menu collapses, that happens at a certain screen size, right? So what I’m asking is what that size is so that I can only apply the extra rules to the sub-menus if the main menu is collapsed. At the desktop size, I like the menus being all the same color. But on a phone or tablet, my menu is very extensive so it’s just one big block and very difficult to differentiate between the top level menus and the sub-menus.

Does that make sense?

Thanks!
🙂 Emily