Reply To: Featured Images Repeating on Site

Home Forums Support Featured Images Repeating on Site Reply To: Featured Images Repeating on Site

Home Forums Support Featured Images Repeating on Site Reply To: Featured Images Repeating on Site

Laura Brown

I dug to find the original thread in the forum. I do understand now. Took me some time to “get it”. But, now I am wondering if I should remove post formatting from all my posts in order to let the featured images show up (show up but not doubled).

Right now images only show up on posts which I have marked as Images with post formatting. This is ok on some sites which show a few images due to formatting the post as Images instead of Standard. But, most of my sites look a bit bare with plain text excerpts and no images.

Do you think you could make an add-on to handle post formatting which would include older posts – once the glitches are ironed out. I don’t see a real importance to using post formatting at this point. It seems more of a fussy extra than an essential. So I will likely take all the formatting out and just leave everything as a standard post. This will mean I can go back to using featured images (letting a plugin auto feature the image).

Just wanted to check in with you about this as a feature you are working on. How important do you think it is to keep post formatting?