Reply To: Loading site in Mozilla Firefox

Home Forums Support Loading site in Mozilla Firefox Reply To: Loading site in Mozilla Firefox

Home Forums Support Loading site in Mozilla Firefox Reply To: Loading site in Mozilla Firefox

Garth Dryland

No, I haven’t been able to sort the problem. It seems that I get all the good issues like this.

I get the feeling it may be something ISP, route, or web server related but strange that not all browsers appear to see the sites the same way. I have also dropped DNS cache, browser cache and temp files etc numerous time and its still the same. My mobile internet is with the same provider and that behaves the same when using Firefox.

My production site was fine to my knowledge but after working on the DEV site, tinkering with the W3 Total Cache configuration and checking across browser behavior, it appears to have somehow altered how my devices see the production site, despite re running backups which I believe were previously fine.

It could just be a coincidence and from what you have said it may only be me with the issue. Its weird how the issue is only with Firefox though. Especially when Firefox works fine for me on your site, while other browsers don’t.

All my devices seem to see my site as changing with each page reload. If I kill that feature in Firefox by overriding the setting to use the cached version only, the site loads perfectly as it should.

If i revert to the default setting (3) which can load new or existing pages, as required by any normal user, or any other option in Firefox it completely reloads the pages. Option 0, 1 and 3 are designed to do this one way or another but not necessarily each and every time.

These sorts of problems are like bashing your head against a concrete wall. They are not very pleasant. Extremely painful even.

It certainly appears to have something to do cache, but it seems to me that it is not stale cache related, it seems to be the Firefox browser thinking its all new data, when its not.

Any suggestions ???