Reply To: Ask Other GeneratePress-Users How They Customize Their Sites

Home Forums Support Ask Other GeneratePress-Users How They Customize Their Sites Reply To: Ask Other GeneratePress-Users How They Customize Their Sites

Home Forums Support Ask Other GeneratePress-Users How They Customize Their Sites Reply To: Ask Other GeneratePress-Users How They Customize Their Sites

Dee Broughton

Kathryn –

You have to get the widget ID. To do this in Firefox, view the site, right click on the widget, click on Inspect Element on the right-click menu. A few lines above the highlighted one, you’ll see some text that gives you the widget ID.

For example, on mine, one of them says

<aside id="text-11" class="widget inner-padding widget_text">

So, that widget is #text-11. To style it, I’d put this in my CSS to make a widget that takes up the whole space available. You can see an example of how I’ve used that on the book covers on http://www.dbepub.com

#text-11 {
background: transparent !important;
margin: 0,0,20px,0 !important;
padding: 0 !important;
}

I use Simple Custom CSS as Tom recommends it with GP. Some coders will say use the extra tag below to show which sidebar it is, but Tom says it’s not needed.

#left-sidebar  #text-11 {
}

You may not need all those !importants and experienced coders would disapprove, but I still use them more than I should. 🙂

Cheers