Well this is a bit of a mystery. This time I used the production site
I disabled the security. I waited approx 10 hours and still no GP 1.1 update. I also deactivated and reactivated the licencing but still no change to version.
So I removed the other test site and cloned my production site and installed it on the test sub domain of which you will have received the log in details for a few moments ago.
I was shocked to see that the GP 1.1 update was there immediately following the installation.
The security update was still active. The entries are not in the default htaccess but it appears they still work from the backup htaccess which the plugin creates given I had to log in through the log in page I created within said plugin. This setting resides in the htaccess file, therefore was now residing in the htaccess backup file created following the clone installation.
So it does NOT appear to be an issue with the security plugin.
I’m a bit lost with where to go from here. Not sure if you can achieve anything given the update is showing.