Okay, I have gone way back on my backups until prior to any clone creation/installation (still working on how far back I am going to go, may be a little further yet.) and have confirmed that this particular backup is using GP v1.0 and showing the GP 1.1 upgrade and when cloned and installed on the same domain/dir it works however if I install it elsewhere it may work or it may not. Its random and ever so annoying.
I cant get the error to happen with the clone used on the previous site I setup the user account for so I have set you up another account with the same details as last time however it is now on the test sub domain not products. I have allowed access in the security plugin so it will work now.
I can not seem to get the update to GP v1.1 to appear. I have tried verifying licence, deactivating plugin and reactivating etc, etc.
Hopefully you can see whats going on.