Reply To: article number in columns, iPad orientation problem, Slideout Menu

Home Forums Support article number in columns, iPad orientation problem, Slideout Menu Reply To: article number in columns, iPad orientation problem, Slideout Menu

Home Forums Support article number in columns, iPad orientation problem, Slideout Menu Reply To: article number in columns, iPad orientation problem, Slideout Menu

Tom
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Hi there,

Glad you’re enjoying the theme!

1. This is a good point – I’ve made a note to do a little research about this and will definitely address it in a future version.

2. Any chance you can show me a screenshot of these issues?

3. Interested to see this as well. My iPad is currently in use (youtube lullaby in the baby room), but I will check it out in the morning.

4. The top bar with the logo/menu should be at the very top on mobile? Have you tried using the Mobile Header feature?

5. Not sure what the solution could be here? If you have a lot of menu items, the list is going to be long regardless? Or am I missing something?

Tapping the arrows can be annoying – but there is an option to make it so the entire menu item is clickable in “Customize > Layout > Primary Navigation > Dropdown type”. If you choose to Click – Arrow, then making the parent item link to “#” will make the entire menu item clickable. Of course, Click – Menu Item makes the entire menu item clickable by default.

6. You can always add custom classes to your menu items, and then use CSS to change the appearance of them. For example, a custom menu item with no link (#, or empty), with a custom class could be used as a heading for the menu items below it. There’s more information on custom classes etc here: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/using-menus/

7. You can force the columns to be full width with this CSS:

.generate-columns {
    padding-left: 0;
    padding-right: 0;
    display: block;
    max-width: 100%;
    float: none;
    width: auto;
}

You would just need to place that CSS inside the appropriate media query for what you’re looking for. You can find those here: https://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/media-queries-for-standard-devices/

8. I believe you can just upload your favicon.ico file to the root directory of your website. Not sure if the Customizer option for the site icon overwrites that though (that’s core WP functionality).

It may be necessary to ignore that option and manually specify the touch icon in the wp_head hook using the required meta tag.