Reply To: Page Header Image Crop Position

Home Forums Support Page Header Image Crop Position Reply To: Page Header Image Crop Position

Home Forums Support Page Header Image Crop Position Reply To: Page Header Image Crop Position

Jessica

Hi Tom.

I’m remembering you mentioning previously something about how if you click the “Add background image” in the “Page Header” meta section, it should pull the featured image.

Unless I am remembering it incorrectly, that doesn’t actually happen. It seems the only way to get the image I want shown the top (using this responsive vh styling I’ve got going on), is bypassing the Featured Image altogether and use the Page Header area.

ENTER: THE ROADBLOCK
BLOG
Featured Images: If there is no Featured Image set on individual posts, the blog landing page (showing all the posts/excerpts/columns/masonry, etc) does not show any of the header image previews. The Page Header isn’t being pulled into the blog thumbnail preview and I don’t want to have to set it in 2 places (ie: the default Featured Image + Page Header section, since the FI isn’t being pulled into the PH).

Individual Blog Posts: (related to above) Is there a way to make the Page Header show up as the Featured Image & Thumbnail? The customizer options refer to Post Image (which I’m assuming is the featured image) but doesn’t allow you to use the Page Header for the post.

GENERAL PAGE HEADER QUESTION/ISSUE
Unless I enter (at the very least) an empty space or text of any kind, I do not get the options for Page Header > Content Settings in the Page Header area – which is the very thing I NEED = the settings. I don’t want to HAVE to add text to the images. In many cases, I just want the image, and let the blog post content flow beneath by default.

It’s also a potential issue is that a client will never remember all those individual settings. Is there a way to (by default) have the content settings options expanded regardless of whether or not there is text in that area? Mostly for efficiency AND consistency – trying to avoid having to set those things on every single post, especially is there are many posts.

I’m not sure if I missed something, or if there’s a function I can add to do what I’m looking for = override the defaults. Make sense?