Reply To: Google site links disappeared after updating new version of GP and GP premium

Home Forums Support Google site links disappeared after updating new version of GP and GP premium Reply To: Google site links disappeared after updating new version of GP and GP premium

Home Forums Support Google site links disappeared after updating new version of GP and GP premium Reply To: Google site links disappeared after updating new version of GP and GP premium

Tom
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m glad you’re enjoying the theme!

First off, drafts definitely shouldn’t show up in Google as they’re not published posts and not view-able.

I also wish I could say that installing GeneratePress can get you instant search results, but unfortunately it’s just not possible.

GP does make it easier for search engines to read your content and know what part of the content they’re reading (title, main content, author etc..).

However, what you’re experiencing is most likely just the normal fluctuation of Google search results – these results change all the time, sometimes you’re ranked higher, sometimes lower. It’s a natural part of the Google algorithm.

That being said, nothing you do will get instant results (positive or negative), Google takes weeks to index changes on your site and adjust your ranking.

Having a fast, schema integrated theme helps SEO for sure, but your content is much more important, as is having a plugin like Yoast SEO or Add Meta Tags.

I should also note that GP Premium mainly just adds options to the theme so you can adjust them in the Customizer, it doesn’t change the structure of the theme at all.

Hope this helps clear some things up 🙂