Happy Halloween! Get 20% off GP Premium with the discount code: HALLOWEEN20

Reply To: Add Woocommerce cart to menu + sticky menu

Home Forums Support Add Woocommerce cart to menu + sticky menu Reply To: Add Woocommerce cart to menu + sticky menu

Max

Hi Tom,
I was just lurking. Thanks for this info. 😉
One very important question regarding GeneratePress Premium and WooCommerce “integration”…
What exactly does that mean??
I read blog posts that says you COULD be using a “Woo compatible” theme — fine and dandy — but your site still breaks which is more of a condemnation of Woo.
Also, if I visit various WordPress info sites, I always see full-blown “WooCommerce themes” being advertised. How do these differ from GeneratePress Premium?

The reason I ask is because I’m looking to add paid membership (Ultimate Member, Ultimate Member Pro) and an Events (Chronosly maybe) plugin to a new client site. Sometimes, you see that “this plugin is Woo compatible” which, theoretically, means that if my client’s payment gateway (PesaPal) for East Africa is available, then my users can buy memberships with PesaPal. Bonus!

I just want to be able to use Woo or any other eCommerce method/plugin that supports my payment gateway of choice. And that seems to be WooCommerce. But I don’t want that bloat and/or Woo upgrade unpredictability. I read tons of reviews on WordPress.org forums about WooCommerce ALWAYS changing and breaking something after new Woo or WP updates, which is really annoying end users.
Some of these 1 ratings are very disturbing, which scares the hell out of me for thinking of offloading this headache to my clients:
https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/woocommerce?filter=1

So, please clarify exactly how the latest version of GeneratePress is “Woo ready.”
In other words, can I install the Woo plugin, attach my PesaPal gateway to Woo, use GeneratePress and I’m done?? I don’t want a heavy setup.

Thanks for GP Premium.

Try Abe's sick new DarkProg track:
https://abevandam.bandcamp.com/track/voices-and-acid-original-mix