Reply To: CSS to change whole site width

Home Forums Support CSS to change whole site width Reply To: CSS to change whole site width

Home Forums Support CSS to change whole site width Reply To: CSS to change whole site width

Jaakko Pöntinen

Heya,

Man ^^ It’s not like everything that’s in pihastudio.fi CSS makes sense, I’m just learning and there’s bound to be lots of useless lines and overlapping code. Next site will be cleaner and the next even cleaner and so on.. 🙂 And when I learn, I can go back and clean up the old code, if I’m up to it.

However: That piece of code is for the alignment of the header image. The image contains transparent (png) borders left and right and I felt like I have to force the image to be as wide as my content container PLUS the transparent edges to line the visible edges of the header image with the content container. If I remove the min-width-property, the image makes itself into the size of the container (width of the whole content), thus being too small. The left: -95 is just so that the image would end up aligning correctly.

I’m still on the path to understanding how CSS layout works, basically, and it’s hard to grasp when picking places to inject code into – ie. looking at your code and figuring out what to do to get what I want.

Aligning things is especially painful, I always feel that there’s yet another parent element that constraints what I’m trying to accomplish.

Learning, learning… Phew

Thanks for all your help!

The problem I had is now eliminated, but that’s because I’ve rewritten the min-width value to be lower for the header-image further down the code in my dedicated mobile css section. I’m using only the mid-part of the header-image to show mobile visitors, so alignment and playing with the adjustments of the header-image’s transparent sides is not a problem.

– JP

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Jaakko Pöntinen.