Reply To: Using Child Theme

Home Forums Support Using Child Theme Reply To: Using Child Theme

Home Forums Support Using Child Theme Reply To: Using Child Theme

mywonder

Back to me πŸ™‚

Tom, thanks for your answer, I have updated my GP, all seems well. I didn’t understand that if I updated GP in my themes part of my dashboard, it would be updated, even though the child theme is active, not GP. I didn’t see anywhere I could update the child theme. I hope that by updating GP, the child theme updated, too, is that correct?

Also, I followed your instructions here: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/updating-add-ons/
But am wondering–how do I know if they updated? There is a check mark next to my license number, and I did get a message that the license was accepted, but how do I know that I am using the latest version of the add-ons?

Sorry about all the trouble Jessica is having. Tom, is it correct that if she is using a child theme, she ought to be doing all her customizing and content-adding in the child theme, not in the regular GP? I’m really just trying to understand child themes better. I doubt I can help Jessica πŸ™‚ It’s been awhile since I began with that child theme, but I believe I had to start over with my styles once I did begin using the child theme (although may be remembering incorrectly, and trust you will set me straight if I am, so I don’t send Jessica down the wrong rabbit hole).

Best to you, always…Meredith