Reply To: different sidebar layout on different category archives

Home Forums Support different sidebar layout on different category archives Reply To: different sidebar layout on different category archives

Home Forums Support different sidebar layout on different category archives Reply To: different sidebar layout on different category archives

Helen

Ah – got it.
I didn’t see the plugin editor – started to panic – then suddenly remembered I had a security setting to disable php editing. Unchecked that and now Simple php works fine again. Duh.

If I want to have several categories using left sidebar, is there a way to combine them all into one rule, or should I write a separate rule for each one?

Is there a better way to use different sidebar layouts on category archive pages? It is hard for me to see why this is more complex than changing the sidebar template for each single post, which is just a check box?

I guess I don’t absolutely need it if it slows down my site. I could use right sidebar for all archive pages. I just feel it is helpful for users if the archive pages have the same sidebar layout as the single posts.

Any thoughts you have much appreciated!