Reply To: Current page styling for menu with both WooCommerce and blog?

Home Forums Support Current page styling for menu with both WooCommerce and blog? Reply To: Current page styling for menu with both WooCommerce and blog?

Home Forums Support Current page styling for menu with both WooCommerce and blog? Reply To: Current page styling for menu with both WooCommerce and blog?

Peter Duggan

Useful stuff, so now effectively sorted bar one tiny ‘bug’. Your CSS above was the essential clue I needed when I’d already been trying to do it through CSS but hadn’t worked out exactly what I needed to apply the styles to.

So this fixed the main problem:

.main-navigation .main-nav ul .current_page_parent > a, .main-navigation .main-nav ul .current_page_parent > a:hover {
	background: #f70c4b;
	color: #ffffff;
}

And this fixed a side-effect where my duplicate link at the top of the drop-down took on the parent colours when on individual product pages:

.main-navigation .main-nav ul ul .current_page_parent > a, .main-navigation .main-nav ul ul .current_page_parent > a:hover {
	background: #fff41a;
	color: #000000;
}

And I’m left with just this tiny problem I can’t track down, where:

1. Using the drop-down on individual product pages causes the main menu parent colour above to revert only while you’re on the drop-down.
  2. Moving sideways from the main ‘Shop’ to ‘Blog’ or ‘Contact’ while on individual product pages causes a brief flicker away from the main menu parent colour.

But it’s so insignificant that it can stay like that indefinitely if there’s no obvious solution.

Re. the Social Icons, understood, and it’s not a big deal because I can always just code something simple myself for our needs (just Facebook and Twitter on every page in that one position) if it bothers me.

Thanks
Peter

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Peter Duggan. Reason: Typos