Home › Forums › Support › Customizer connecting to "localhost" for something › Reply To: Customizer connecting to "localhost" for something
Just did a raw copy of my files and imported the database, then manually changed urls from wp-config and did a search-n-replace of the database.
Now updated: everything works! 🙂 For some reason, %localhost% did NOT get all the instances of localhost from the DB search through phpmyadmin. I used a plugin called “Velvet Blues Update URLs” and everything was up’n running again. Except some GP settings did not get restored. But some did. Menu typography stopped working, for instance. I used Google Fonts for that.
Don’t know what’s going on, there’s so much to WP and all this database and php stuff that it just blows my mind right outta the water.
But it works as well as I want it to now, hope this little bit of manual import labour doesn’t spawn some crazy souped up problems in the long run…
Naah that never happens. Thanks!
– Jaakko Pöntinen
Jaakko Pöntinen / Mainio Mooses sp.
Webdesign, AdWords, FB Ads, SEO