Reply To: How can i create a child theme that comprehends customizer settings?

Home Forums Support How can i create a child theme that comprehends customizer settings? Reply To: How can i create a child theme that comprehends customizer settings?

NBC

I see what you’re doing here: Setting up the defaults for the Customizer, category by category.

If I want to tinker with the Typography options in this fashion, do I need to deactivate the Typography component of GP Premium? Do I need to activate something else?

Also, it appears that one could add attributes or even sections to the Customizer through the PHP code. For example, you could reveal additional attributes of the footer, such as typeface, or add a section to Typography to allow the use of Google Fonts on a style that you defined yourself.

Would I have to create a custom version of a plug-in to do that? The PHP code that sets up the Customizer is part of the GP Premium plug-in, not GeneratePress itself, IIRC.

The problem with @font-face and the other methods of importing in one or more of the Google fonts is that when the page loads, the text appears in a generic typeface and then reloads slowly in the desired Google Font. That does not happen with type that’s styled directly through the Customizer. Without either customizing the PHP or using the import methods, however, it looks as if you can’t use Google Fonts on custom CSS.

All I want to do is to define one or more “pull quote” styles that use handwriting typefaces for testimonials. This should be really simple . . .