Reply To: Import customizer styles not working?

Home Forums Support Import customizer styles not working? Reply To: Import customizer styles not working?

Home Forums Support Import customizer styles not working? Reply To: Import customizer styles not working?

Jen Carlstrom

Yes, here’s what I’m doing:

– I’m aiming to export customizer settings from a first blog and move them to a second blog.(I have many different blogs set up, but I believe they’re all running on the same instance of wordpress)

– In the first blog, I’m downloading 1 file each per every export option.(Header settings, spacing settings, background settings, etc, etc)
– I’m keeping the names of the files exactly the same.
– I can open each of these files, and I can see the valid JSON code containing my settings (there shouldn’t be any need to edit this code, right?)

After I’ve downloaded these files, keeping the filenames the same, I then go to my second blog and import these files using the method demonstrated here: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/generate-importexport/

When I open the second blog’s customizer, the customizer settings are still wordpress default settings. I’m under the impression that customizer settings import affects customizer settings — am I correct in making that assumption?

I suspect this may be a file permissions issue – in your opinion, is this a possibility?

Is there any documentation available for customizer setting import/export apart from what’s available in this website’s knowledgebase?