Reply To: Make a full feature out of full page image headers with titles

Home Forums Support Make a full feature out of full page image headers with titles Reply To: Make a full feature out of full page image headers with titles

Home Forums Support Make a full feature out of full page image headers with titles Reply To: Make a full feature out of full page image headers with titles

Paul

Thanks Tom.

#1 — great. Good to know I can override that center align with custom styling.

#2 — Using your Disable Elements plug-in, hiding the Content Title.

#3 — Ok. I see what happened here. I had previous set the “Add to blog excerpt” checkbox. However, that checkbox is hidden when you select “Use image (from image tab) as a background image?”. So it was hidden AND checked.

Here’s the thing though, for #3, I want the image in the blog excerpt. The only way to do that is to set the Featured Image as well. So I’ve done that, and it’s close to the desired effect. Adding your CSS override would somewhat complete the effect, although I am still missing my title meta (author, date/time etc.)

The biggest challenge is like I said, I’ll never get my authors to remember or consistently set the header image, header content (including writing HTML), check all the right boxes, and set the featured image.

You really just want to be able to set the Title, Featured Image and/or Excerpt, and then tick Tom’s shiny new “Make this page title look awesome with full-screen image and shadow title/meta overlay” checkbox. BOOM.

As an aside, Tom, for personal bloggers and site owners, all your plugins and features are awesome. They are really very flexible and give a lot of control without resorting to PHP coding and CSS overrides. However, if you want wider appeal to site “builders” where lay-people will eventually USE the blogs and sites they create, creating some powerful yet dramatically simplified options would go a long way.

As another general guideline, the more you can leverage the standard WP meta, the better.

For example, for my feature, at least as described, you’re leveraging the title and featured image (and optionally, excerpt), something anyone and everyone can understand and set, and then creating a dynamic, full-page image header with parallax and title/excerpt overlay, all with a single checkbox click.

Of course, if you can find a way to do both, giving one-click visual bombs to users, and all-around control and flexibility for power-users, all the better.

Loving what you do, and happy to work with you to spec this and more features out. Just let me know how I can help.