Reply To: nav-menu.php Vulnerability check

Home Forums Support nav-menu.php Vulnerability check Reply To: nav-menu.php Vulnerability check

Home Forums Support nav-menu.php Vulnerability check Reply To: nav-menu.php Vulnerability check

Peter

Hi guys, while I am not qualified by any means to say where the problem lies, I had a site running great with Generate Press…until bought and uploaded the GP Premium Add-Ons pack on Friday 16 October. On 18 October the site became unusable due to this kind of redirect and crash.

After trying to get the Hostgator to deal with it…they wouldn’t, because they don’t dirty their hands with malware, and after spending two days removing plugins, directives, add-on domains…you name it. I was still left with the problem.

Finally, one hour ago I activated the 2012 theme in place of Generate Press, and there is no sign of the problem. I completely uninstalled GP and all its files from the domain, and so far all looks ok…although I am still seeing attempted logins from Russian IP addresses reported in Sucuri.

So, I will wait overnight to see if SiteLock and/or Sucuri report any more issues, and we will chat again. But at this time, it looks like the GP upgrade was the guilty party…unless you can shed any different light on things. Any help, advice and guidance will be gratefully recieved.

Regards, Peter