Reply To: Color Blog Posts and Widget

Home Forums Support Color Blog Posts and Widget Reply To: Color Blog Posts and Widget

Home Forums Support Color Blog Posts and Widget Reply To: Color Blog Posts and Widget

Alexander

Hi Tom,

This has been working great so far. I was wondering how I can discover which part to call out in the CSS when I want to customize color.

For example if I did not know it was called “.widget-area input[type=”search”]” how would I discover that. Do I do see page source and is it mentioned there? Or is there another way to discover it?

I only ask so I do not have to ask every time I would like to adjust a color. Google search helps me out with the specific widget names, so I have been able to change the contact form 7 colors and mail poet fields etc. But I was just wondering if there was a general way to discover that component name to mention in the CSS.

For example I would now like to adjust the colors of the comment section when you look at one of the blog posts. How would I discover what the real name is of ‘.comment-area [type=”text”]’ or something? ๐Ÿ™‚

If I do ‘inspect element’ on the comment fields chrome jumps to that part and I see multiple levels of ids and class assigned. But I can not figure out which to call upon ๐Ÿ™‚