Reply To: Can I or should I use Child Theme Configurator with Generate Press (w/add ons)

Home Forums Support Can I or should I use Child Theme Configurator with Generate Press (w/add ons) Reply To: Can I or should I use Child Theme Configurator with Generate Press (w/add ons)

Home Forums Support Can I or should I use Child Theme Configurator with Generate Press (w/add ons) Reply To: Can I or should I use Child Theme Configurator with Generate Press (w/add ons)

Helen Bastian

Helen Bastian <bastianhmb@gmail.com>
9:49 AM (0 minutes ago)

to GeneratePress
Thank you Tom, Totally didn’t expect such a speedy reply and certainly not on the weekend. I have downloaded the Child zip file, now what?

I am terribly new at this so I have some very simple questions. Do I understand correctly that the purpose of using a child theme is only if I want to make changes to the parent theme, e.g. to permanently change my footer so that word press or other copyright info is over written.

Therefore, should I still be doing all my site content development (text, photos, etc.) in the parent? That is, do I make the parent “active” before adding or editing content? And make the child “active” when I want to change something in the child?

Helen Bastian