Reply To: Adding Subtitle to Blog Page

Home Forums Support Adding Subtitle to Blog Page Reply To: Adding Subtitle to Blog Page

Home Forums Support Adding Subtitle to Blog Page Reply To: Adding Subtitle to Blog Page

Sharron McDearmont

Thank you for the detailed instructions Jean. My forefront folder did not have a copy of “content-single.php”. Now it does and I added the editing changes. This is what file is like now:

<?php
/**
* @package Generate
*/
?>

<article id=”post-<?php the_ID(); ?>” <?php post_class(); ?> itemprop=”blogPost” itemtype=”http://schema.org/BlogPosting&#8221; itemscope=”itemscope”>

<?php do_action( ‘generate_before_content’); ?>
<header class=”entry-header”>
<h1 class=”entry-title” itemprop=”headline”><?php the_title(); ?></h1>
<h2<?php the_subtitle(); ?></h2>

<!– .entry-meta –>
</header><!– .entry-header –>
<?php do_action( ‘generate_after_entry_header’); ?>

<?php the_content(); ?>
<?php
wp_link_pages( array(
‘before’ => ‘

‘,
) );
?>

<!– .entry-content –>

<?php do_action( ‘generate_after_entry_content’); ?>

<footer class=”entry-meta”>
<?php generate_entry_meta(); ?>
<?php generate_content_nav( ‘nav-below’ ); ?>
<?php edit_post_link( __( ‘Edit’, ‘generate’ ), ‘<span class=”edit-link”>’, ‘</span>’ ); ?>
</footer><!– .entry-meta –>
<?php do_action( ‘generate_after_content’); ?>

<!– .inside-article –>
</article><!– #post-## –>

It seemed to work. There were not any error messages and I saw some visibility. I have a nice blank on the new post page to fill in and seems the info typed is going into a database somewhere because it gets recalled. Also within the customizable appearance area I see changes in the admin uaing Generate plugins. Still we cannot see a subtitle in the Blog header.

I am using a plugin called WPSubtitle Version: 2.3.2
Author: Husani Oakley, Ben Huson
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Requires WordPress Version: 3.7 or higher

As I said before I am a beginner where WordPress is concerned. I clipped this little bit from plugin details:

The WP Subtitle plugin allows your pages and posts to contain a subtitle. Also called a sub-heading, this this short line of text is meant to appear beneath a post’s (or page’s) title, but can be inserted in your template wherever you choose.
<?php the_subtitle(); ?>
is used for inside The Loop. If you wish to get a page/post’s subtitle outside The Loop, use <?php get_the_subtitle( $post ); ?>, where $post is a post object or ID ($post->ID).

I also did a lot of reading today. Is it possible the subtitle is outside the WordPress Loop? And if so what should I do?

Thanks, Sharron