[Resolved] Skip to Content and Misc.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Skip to Content and Misc.

Home Forums Support Skip to Content and Misc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tom Cox

Hey Tom,

When I was still in development, you had mentioned that one of the problems with my sidebars may have been that my old site (before I moved to your theme) was all working from a “default template” and thus doing wonky things (like displaying sidebars that I have not chosen in any widgeted area). You said you have a code to iterate through and change all of the default post-types. Can you send that my way?

Furthermore, in the navigation menus at the top and below the masthead, I’m getting this “Skip to Content” link I can’t seem to get rid of. Help please. I searched the forum already looking to see if anyone had this problem, but couldn’t find it.

Thanks so much!

Tom

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This piece of code should be added to your functions.php.

Refresh any admin page once, and it should loop through every page and switch the page template to the default template. Once you’ve confirmed that this has happened, delete this block of code.

https://gist.github.com/generatepress/6c34867033af757b71b6

What browser are you using when you’re seeing the Skip to content link?

Let me know 🙂

Tom Cox

Thanks, Tom. I’ll try that function later today, and in the meantime, I’m seeing the “Skip to Content” in both Chrome and Firefox.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you link me to your website?

That Skip to content link shouldn’t be visible. Can you see it on this website at all?

It’s there for accessibility reasons, but isn’t visible unless you’re using accessibility features in your browser.

Let me know.

Tom

Check it out at heightsinterns.com and let me know what you think. I have tried the function a couple times, but can’t get the sidebars to stop showing up (I want the availability of sidebars in the Customize menu, but I just don’t want it automatically populated with Meta and such when I didn’t choose those in the widgets).

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Oh wow – yea, that’s not what your website is supposed to look like.

When I tried to access the theme’s CSS file, I received this error: 403 Permission Denied

Can you contact your hosting and tell them that your WordPress stylesheet is generating the above error? They’ll need to tweak something in your settings.

Let me know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.