[Resolved] How do I install and activate my addon?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How do I install and activate my addon?

Home Forums Support How do I install and activate my addon?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 192 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    n4pp3lbl00d

Thanks i habe send an Email with my Email Adresse.

Rob

Hi,

I’m new to wordpress and have been trying to upload and install the add-on’s that I’ve just purchased.

Wordpress gives me the following message:

Unpacking the package…

The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

I’m using a mac if this makes a difference? I can’t upload the zip file in it’s entirety so is there another way to install your addons or is there an order that I should upload the components in?

Many thanks in advance.

Rob

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Rob,

WordPress gives that error when you try to upload something that isn’t a .zip.

Be sure to right click (or the Mac equivalent) and save the file as to your computer, so it saves as a .zip (generate_colors.zip for example).

Then try uploading it.

Let me know if this helps or not,
    Tom

Chris Edge

Hi Tom

Im Wired and Tired bro , I just got the add ons but cant verify email and activate it, ARRRRR

Chris Edge

Payment: 15741
    Payment Status: Complete
    Payment Method: PayPal
    Date: August 19, 2014
    Subtotal $20.00
    Total Price: $20.00

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s no good – shoot me an email at support@generatepress.com with your URL, username and password and I’ll get you going right away.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Chris Edge

All good Tom, just lots going on atm..

Thanks for the fast response, I’ll
    check it out
    Chris

Chris Edge

Done

Michele Garcia

Hi,

I’m also trying to upload and install the add-ons I purchased, but am not quite understanding what I need to do to complete the process. I am on a Mac desktop running OS X 10.7.5 and using Safari as my browser. I downloaded all the folders from your site, moved them to my desktop, then as you suggested I tried right-clicking (control + clicking the mouse) on the entire folder, and also a the file with .php (for example, “generate-backgrounds.php”), but neither menu showed an option to save among its selections, only “open” along with several other options. Am I missing a step? Thanks so much for your help.

Michele

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Michele,

If you’re seeing any .php files, you’ve gone too far.

Go to your account on http://generatepress.com and find your files to download.

Now hold the control key on your keyboard, and click. This should open a little module, which will have an option to “Download link as”. Save the file to your computer.

It will save to your computer as: generate_name.zip

So for colors: generate_colors.zip

That is the file you upload.

Let me know if this helps or not 🙂

Michele Garcia

Thanks for your quick response, Tom. I was able to upload the add-ons, though slightly differently than you suggested, by accident. I don’t have an account on Generate Press but just bought the add-ons without creating an account, so I was going to just find the page with the links through my browser’s back history. Before I did that I moved the folders with the .php files that I had downloaded to my computer to the trash, to remove any confusion for me. Lo and behold, there were the zip file versions in the trash, which somehow must have ended up there when I downloaded the files incorrectly the first time. So I moved the zip files out of the trash to the desktop and uploaded them into WordPress from there. Looks like everything worked great. Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome – glad you figured it out 🙂

Janice Miller

I was able to install and upload the add ons to my pc. I know need to understand how I can get them to be part of the widgets on my website that I have designed. the website was purchase via GenNet so although they are on my pc they are not installed as part of the list of widgets that I can use in the website.

How do I do this?

Janice

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Janice,

You need to install them as plugin using the method shown here: http://www.generatepress.com/documentation/#document-1

Once installed and activated – the options will show up for you.

Let me know 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 192 total)
  • The topic ‘How do I install and activate my addon?’ is closed to new replies.