[Resolved] Comma's between tags need space

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Comma's between tags need space

Home Forums Support Comma's between tags need space

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Xuran

So, I think a space is needed after a comma for every tag in a post. At first I thought it just looked weird without spaces behind the comma’s, but now I’ve noticed that when a post has multiple one-word tags, the tags will flow out of the post’s box (and into another post) instead of skipping to a second line in masonry mode. I guess the same would happen in single post view when you add enough tags to a post. Would be great if this could be fixed. Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There should definitely be spaces between tags – can you link me to a post where this is happening?

Xuran

I’ve used the contact form on this site to mail you a link.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting – very weird. By default there should definitely be a space.

Can you try #1 on this page?: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/debugging/

Xuran

Done. Turned off all plugins, except GP, still no spaces between tags. What now?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Are you using a translation? It’s possible the spaces were removed in the translation.

I’m not seeing any other reason this could be happening.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Xuran

Hi Tom,

Yes, I’m using a translation, and yes, it seems that it’s a bug in the translation. I’m using the Dutch translation (nl_NL), and I guess the error is in these lines:

#: inc/template-tags.php:424 inc/template-tags.php:432
    msgctxt “Used between list items, there is a space after the comma.”
    msgid “, ”
    msgstr “,”

I tried to correct it with Poedit, but for some reason Poedit won’t save the file correctly, giving errors. Maybe you could update the Dutch translation file? I’m sure others are effected as well.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Fixed – will be updated in the next version.

You can email me at support@generatepress.com and I’ll send you the updated .po file πŸ™‚

Xuran

I received your mail, the problem is solved now with the fixed translation. Thanks again, great support!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Perfect – this fix will be in the next version of GP πŸ™‚

Thanks for reporting it!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.